Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anita Perez

5

After lurking around some other doll collecting groups, I discovered the Anita Perez doll.  I thought she was just beautiful!  She is also the older sister of Juanita Perez. 
This is how I received my doll from Mexico.  As you can see, the vinyl of her face has faded.  And her dress sure wasn't winning any beauty pagents.  I cleaned her up, did the best I could with her wooly hair, and redressed her in an outfit I bought from Ms. Dee on eBay.  Just look at her now:
Que linda Senorita!


Face Close-up


Front view

This doll was made in the 1960's.  The Juanita Perez company later changed the face mold in the 70's, to give her a softer, more teenage-like apperance.  I, however, prefer this face mold.

5 comments:

  1. Hola Allison,
    Felicidades mil!
    Tu Anita es una verdadera maravilla! Es preciosa!
    Disfrútala muchísimo!
    Un beso desde Holanda y gracias por visitar mi blog, vuelve cuando lo desees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I've seen your blog and I love it! I'm a mexican doll collector and I have all of those guys, I've got 2 anitas, 4 juanitas, 1 manolin, 1 prima, 1 rosita and 2 pairs of twins (the whole family huh?)
    Congratulations for your beautiful Anita!
    Take care of her!
    Hopefully you'll visit my blog "http://malishaysusmunecas.blogspot.com"
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Your Anita Pérez is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo les tengo una pregunta ...si por favor me pueden decir cual es el precio apróximado de una muñeca Anita Perez?

    ReplyDelete