Sunday, September 8, 2013

Disney's Engel Puppe Dolls: Part 2

9

In my earlier post about Disney's Engel Puppe Dolls (which you can read here), I talked about my quest for these dolls. I was very moved by many of the reader comments concerning their personal experiences with Mr. Engel and the dolls they purchased there. Recently, I was able to purchase the Snow White doll, so I wanted to share her here:

My Lovely Snow White

Dopey Detail on the Dress (hey, that's alliteration!)

Of course, I absolutely love her. One of the things that stands out the most on these dolls is the quality of the fabric that is used to create the outfits. The fabric is very heavy, and the dress holds shape very well because of the netting used in the underskirt and lining. I was a little sad that Snow White wasn't signed, but I did receive her in the original box. The price was $120, so I'm assuming she was purchased in the early 90's.

Another piece of Engel Puppe Disney treasure I have is the Belle dress. I've had this for a few years now, because I bought it second hand on eBay awhile back for my American Girls to wear.
Belle's Gown

Yikes! The original price (I paid nowhere close to that).

The underskirt 

Made in Germany

Again, the quality is amazing on this dress. You can see in the first picture the dress will actually stand on its own with the underskirt inside. 

I would love to hear stories of your Disney Engel Puppe dolls, and I would especially love for anyone to share photos of their dolls. Photos of these dolls seem to be hard to come by. And of course, if you would like to sell yours, I am willing to buy! Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. i have one of these with long black hair, no clothes and signed h. engel 7/99.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Tinkerbell and a dark-haired Aurora that I am getting ready to sell if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirstin,
    I would be interested. You can email me directly at arpilgrim@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a doll but I am having a hard time finding out any info on her can you please help, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure Maria, send me the info to arpilgrim@gmail.com and I'll try to help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found an "Alice and Wonderland" Doll. She had been kept on a stand in a glass cabinet but there is no box. She is just like the one you posted only she has the embroiders apron and what I found odd is she does not have a signature on her tummy. I saw yours does. How does this affect her value. Engle Buppe in at the base of her neck and there is a plastic tag hanging from her wrist that shows she is for real also. Do you know how I go about finding out more about these dolls?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, you are welcome to email me photos and I can try to help you value her -- arpilgrim@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. I have a signed Engel-Doll ‘98 Snow White Doll in box with certificate if interested before I list

    ReplyDelete