Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The 2nd Annual International Doll (and now Teddy) Show

0

So I realize it's been almost a year since I've updated this blog. My husband set me up with this slick new layout, and I've challenged myself to do a blog post a day for the next 30 days. My ideas may dry up, so bear with me til the end and hopefully you'll enjoy at least 20% of what I have to say.

Last year I went to IDS and learned about a whole new world of dolls in which I had never before had interest (namely, BJDs). While my heart still lies with vintage vinyl, I have been having fun collecting a few BJDs here and there. This year, I saved some money and went to IDS determined to add something fun to my collection. Last year the show started on a Saturday, but this year, it started on a Friday. I did not take off the day to go Friday, and my friend Diana and I went on Saturday. I was excited to see that all of the tables were over half empty! Now why would I be excited you might wonder? Well, it's simple: it means the attending artists have had great success, and that hopefully this show will just get bigger and better every year. And oh, next year, I will be taking Friday off. So what did I buy with my hoard of cash? I bought four dolls, the first of which I introduce to you here:

Frump, by Gayla Lowe

This is Frump, sculpted by Connie Lowe's daughter, Gayla. What is amazing is that she was 14 years old when she sculpted this doll. She has such a sweet face and I absolutely love her! The lamb was a gift that The Toy Shoppe was giving out to everyone who visited their booth at the show. I thought this was such a generous and sweet gift, and it makes such a great prop for all of my girls. In fact, I can't decide who likes the lamb the most. I think the lamb needs a name...any suggestions?



0 comentarios:

Post a Comment