Sunday, June 19, 2011

A New Technique

0

I have been absent from my blog for a little over a month now.  I have been extremely busy with the end of the school year, and I've been trying to spend less time on my computer to help control those impulse bids on eBay.  I have a lot of things to write about, so let's get started!

This weekend, Afner and I visited a different flea market than the one we normally patronize.  It was very successful.  I got a vintage bendable leg Francie for $1 (more to come on her later), and an adorable baby doll made in Spain that will be Nancy's new baby sister.  After the flea market, we hit up our usual thrift shops, and I got a BFC Ink doll.  I've been eyeballing them for awhile at Target now, especially since I have all the outfits, but I couldn't bring myself to shell out $20.  Thankfully, I got one at Value Village for $1.61.  Their pricing structure is really weird, I know.
Here she is, pretty disgusting.

Her hair required a lot of work.  It was full, and I mean FULL of black hairs that I can only assume came from the same animal who chewed off her thumb.  It disgusted me, but I got it all out.  Her next problem was the frizz:
Ready for an iron.

At the suggestion of my friend Diana, I tried a new technique.  She told me to use a damp washcloth on top of the hair, and then use an iron to help flatten and straighten the hair.  Well, that's exactly what I did.
A section of hair.

To use the iron, I took sections of the hair and then brushed them out over the ironing board.  Then I put a damp washcloth over the section of hair, and used the iron on the highest setting.
Make sure the washcloth covers the hair, because I can imagine how stinky melting hair is.

Iron!

I brushed each section between ironing to make things easier.

She looks like she's enjoying herself ;)

Even with iffy lighting and knock knees, I still think she's adorable.

I really liked the ironing method.  In the past, I've just used steam, but the actual iron really helped tame down the hair, especially in a case like this, where the hair is almost a total loss.




0 comentarios:

Post a Comment