Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Uneeda Dollikins

1

Recently at a thrift store, I bought an Uneeda Dollikins doll for $20.  Dollikins is a 20" doll that was released in the late 50's to early 60's around the same time as the Ideal Revlon doll.  What is unique about Dollikins is that she has 16 joints and is super poseable! 
Here is how I got her, totally dirty and desheveled.

A nude look at all those fabulous points of articulation

She stunk to high heaven, and was dirty to boot, so I gave her a bath.  That was a mistake on her hair.  I washed her hair like I normally do, using powdered laundry detergent and water, but the hair did some kind of weird shrinkage thing.  At least she smells better. The nice thing about the joints is how sassy she is!

Here she is, feeling fresh and borrowing a dress from Anita Perez for now.

As pretty and neat as Dollikins is, I will not be keeping her.  She will be going up on eBay so I can hopefully make a few dollars off her to support my doll habit!  Buying at thrift stores and reselling really gives me the "allowance" to go and spend money on other dolls :)


1 comment: